29 June 2012

June kicked my butt

Guys. How is it almost July already? What is up with this year? 
I have no remorse for the following: I hardly read at all this month. 
I mean seriously. 
Like I said last post, I am loving A Wizard of Earthsea. Really. But...Ok you know how there are those books that are so great and well loved that you are just too intimidated to actually read them? Like Lord of the Rings. I feel like there is a special energy you need to read those books. I love them and have read them before, but when I go to re-read them, I am filled with this sense of "epic-ness" and I just don't have enough mental space to read "deep literature."  All in my head and I'm a little crazy? Maybe. Probably. Ok, yes. 
Anyway, that is how I look at WoE. I can tell from the first few chapters that it is going to be amazing. Really. But...I feel I can't dedicate the proper amount of time to it right now. And because of that, I haven't really read much of it. 
Also, my baby sister got married this month. So, yeah. I am using that as an excuse. 

In addition to the WoE, I have the following books checked out of the library and I am really excited to get to them:
  • Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
  • I am Forbidden by Anouk Markovits
  • The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner

No comments: