11 August 2012

Game of Thrones, FTW!

Guys. 

Guys. 

I just finished season one of Game of Thrones. 

IT WAS SO GOOD!

Excuse me for yelling, but seriously, I mean seriously. This show was done so well. Top marks. 

The settings, the costumes, the map, the script--everything was fantastically done. And adapting a 900 odd page book into a miniseries? Probably the BEST choice they could have made. It would not have done well as a movie. It would have needed to be a 5 hour movie. Longer. 

It made me wonder what would have happened if Peter Jackson had done the same with Lord of the Rings. That way instead of three hours, we could have gotten (if they held to GoT series) 10 hours and LOTS more details. Don't get me wrong, I love Lord of the Rings and am SO EXCITED to see The Hobbit. But it makes ya think, doesn't it? 

I am now motivated to get back to reading Clash of Kings. I am already about 200 pages in, but that was...months ago. Also, so excited to see season 2! 

If you haven't seen it, or read Game of Thrones, do it! I promise you won't be sorry! 

No comments: