27 October 2013

42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything

So...about 15 minutes ago I finished my 43rd book for the year. 

Now what? 

I've been sitting at the computer, staring at the blank screen wondering, "Well. So that's done. I don't know what to do next." 

Let me tell you, there were times this year that I thought I wouldn't finish the challenge at all, let alone finish on time. And while I'm at it, I didn't think I would finish with two full months left in the year!

Sometimes, the more I read, especially reading amazing well written books, the more I want to read. Sometimes the exact and perfect opposite happens. But even when I'm reading a badly written book, I want to read more. 

And so, even though my challenge is officially over, I'll keep reading. Part of me wants to be able to add them on to next year's challenge...but I won't. Promise. 

Know what else I'm going to promise you? I'm going to catch up on my reviews from this year. And maybe make a reading plan for next year that I will actually stick to. That would be a miracle, wouldn't it? 

(And now since I've officially finished my reading goal, I have less guilt about NOT finishing Daughter of Fortune. Which is really good because it has been staring at me from my bookshelf at home, begging me to pick it up again. I had to turn it upside down to make it stop. Ugh.)


Currently reading: A Treacherous Paradise

No comments: