21 January 2012

book love

If you would ever stop me on the street and demand I open my bag, you will find at least one paperback novel. Depending, of course, on the size of my bag. I carry my iPod with me almost all of the time as well. That holds about 8 or 9 classic type books that I would like to or am currently reading. There is a stack of 3 or 4 books on my bedside table, in the event that I forget to get the current book I am reading out of my bag or if the book I am reading is too big to fit in my bag. 

All of that said, (and yes, every bit of it is true), I have only read one complete book this month! If this is any indication of my reading patterns for this year, I'm not sure I'll make it to my goal. I also realize that if I am only reading 2 or 3 books a month, this blog won't be updated very often. On the first problem of not reaching my goal, I have no other solution except to keep pressing on. On the second problem, I have a solution. 

I have asked a number of my fellow readers to consider doing some guest blogging for me while I am trying to make it through the mountain of reading I have planned for this year. I hope to have more information for you soon. I also hope to have a review up soon for the first book I've completed: The Story of Beautiful Girl. 


In the meantime, I've picked up "A Clash of Kings" and am attempting to plow through all 1009 pages. I am about 130 pages in, which feels like not much at all, but I am enjoying it much more than I did "A Game of Thrones" at this same point in the book. 
I have also picked up "The Help," something I am really excited about. A bunch of people have been asking me if I've read it and I am kind of tired of saying no! Plus, everyone had good things to say about the movie, so I'd like to have some kind of frame of reference when I eventually get around to see it. I picked it up the last time I was at the library (the book, not the movie), so I do have a shorter deadline than I do with "Clash of Kings."


This might not be the most exciting entry ever, but I wanted to give you a little bit more of a glimpse into my reading life. And, after seeing the incredible film "Extremely Close & Incredibly Loud," the book by the same title by Jonathan Safran Foer has been added to my reading list. I recommend the movie highly, but I suggest you take an entire box of tissues with you to the theatre. Trust me. You will thank me later.

No comments: